This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for supporting Desert Deals Diva.
Looking for some free family fun this weekend in Tucson? Don’t miss the Tucson Festival of Book at the University of Arizona.
Tucson Festival of Books 2019
The Tucson Festival of Books is March 2-3, 2019 on the UA Mall and surrounding venues. It is free to attend. University of Arizona surface parking lots and in the Park Avenue and Highland garage is free during the festival weekend. The Cherry Avenue, 6th Street, Tyndall, South Stadium and Main Gate garages are available for $5 per vehicle.
The Tucson Festival of Books brings in over 350 authors for presentations and workshops. Some events require tickets, due to limited seating. Learn more about reserving these free tickets here.
There is a wide variety of activities and booths for people of all ages, but we focused on kid-friendly ones.
- My kids love the musical instrument booth and spent time trying different instruments.
- They picked out a free book from the children’s book tent.
- Saw a wide variety of costumed kids book characters from Darth Vader and Elsa to Clifford and Curious George.
- We spent a lot of time at Science City reading about various science phenomena, watching demonstrations and participating in interactive exhibits.
- There are also performances to watch and food to buy (beyond of course lots of books).
The Tucson Festival of Books is a fabulous way to spend the weekend while spending very little money (unless you want to of course)!