This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for supporting Desert Deals Diva.
Are you struggling with purchase limitations or empty shelves at grocery stores in Tucson? A local restaurant supply company, Merit Foods of Tucson is stepping up to help out the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tucson Grocery Store Alternative
We have been avoiding the grocery stores for almost 2 weeks. By avoiding, I mean we aren’t going inside to shop. Instead we place grocery pick up orders at our local Walmart and have had increasing success in getting what we order. I hope that means inventory is getting better.
That being said, you simply can’t find some grocery items in stock. Sometimes I see eggs in stock, sometimes I don’t. And even if I do check out with eggs in my cart, they don’t always have them in stock when they fill my order. Obviously meats, rice, beans, and paper products can also be hard to find.
Merit Foods Grocery Delivery and Pick Up
There’s a new option for everyone in Tucson. Merit Foods is a locally owned food distribution company that serves Southern Arizona. Typically they sell bulk items for the food service/restaurant industry but they are selling to the public now.
You can check out the catalog on the Merit Foods website to see some of the food options. Don’t let the website intimidate you, its clunky and not user friendly. Just give them a call at 520-884-8232, Monday-Friday from 8am to 3pm to place an order. They are located at 1471 W. Commerce Court in Tucson.
Merit Foods Tucson Tips
I’ve had both family and friends place orders with Merit this week with great success. Here are a few of tips based on their experience with Merit Foods.
- Merit Foods will deliver to you for free if you place an order of $300 or more. You need to have the order placed and paid for by 3pm for next day delivery. The process can take time because the sales person takes the order then you accounting will call to take payment.
- There is no minimum order for curbside pick up orders at their location.
- They do sell cases of toilet paper and paper towels. Just ask if they have any available when you call to place an order.
- Ask the person when you place your order what some of the popular ordering options are. Their website doesn’t necessarily list single family items but they may be willing to sell you smaller amounts of something.
- They also sell misc boxes of produce, for $15-$25 (pricing varies but it’s a good size box).